Monday, January 20, 2014

Panasonic Trimmer ER 230 - Battery Change

Battery time:

My trusty three year old Panasonic ER 230 rechargeable beard trimmer started pretending to be blunt. I presumed that it must be due to the blade wearing off. On closer examination I found the blade to be more than satisfactory.I was almost tempted to buy a new one but somehow liked this one a lot and was feeling sad to put it to rest, so did a full charge and left it on for a while and the culprit turned out to be the battery. This was a wonderful discovery.

The next challenge however was to open the unit to check what kind of battery it had. On the outside it read 1.2 volt. So i guessed it might have a rechargeable single cell inside much like a AA battery. I took off the front blade as I did after each trimming for cleaning. This revealed two tiny screws which I unscrewed. A careful pry without damaging the two clips on either side revealed the contents.  


There lay a 1.2 volt Ni-Cd battery inside. The battery had identical ends on both sides and had a slide in mechanism. I found the size similar to AA rechargeable batteries. So I popped in a 1000 mAh AA 1.2 Ni-Cd battery with some minor modifications to the battery carriage.Closed everything up connected it to the charger and did a full charge. The ER 230 sprung back to life and worked as new once again. I came out happy that I could breathe youth back to my trusty old friend.

Photos:


2 comments:

  1. its take too much time to watch this video and he explain his own data not how to rechage the battery he want to increase his watching time as per youtube policy not to show us battery recahaging system so dnt waste your time dears

    ReplyDelete